Skip to main content

CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY



The word "glory" carries with it the thought of honor and dignity--sometimes also that of brightness, shining. The Scriptures speak of the Heavenly Father as having the excellent glory, that glory unto which none others can approach. Our Lord Jesus is said to have been received up into glory--honor and distinction. Of Adam it is said that he was "crowned with glory and honor," was put over the beasts of the field, the fowl of the air and the fish of the sea. (Psalm 8:5-8; Genesis 1:28.) In this connection the word "glory" seems to indicate that Adam was made in the image of his Creator.

 Applying these same thoughts to ourselves, we find that as yet we have no glory. What blessing we have received is the possession of the Holy Spirit, the evidence of our adoption into the family of God. This, however, is merely the beginning of the glory which God has promised to those who are faithful--merely the earnest. To have the Holy Spirit in us is to have the anointing in us. If we allow the Holy Spirit to operate in us, and ourselves faithfully co-operate therewith, the end will be glorious.

 Thus the anointing which we have received--the Spirit of Christ in us--is the hope or basis of the glory which we are expecting--a glory which is to be like that of our Redeemer--a glory which is above that of angels, principalities and powers--a glory which is next to that of the Lord. This anointing, this Spirit of Christ within us, is the earnest, or hope, or basis, of all that is coming. Hence we should heed the admonition of the Apostle that we quench not the anointing, this Holy Spirit of Christ. On the contrary, we are to cultivate it, develop it, give attention to it. If we should allow it to die, because of neglect of the help which God has supplied, if we should quench it by indulgence in sin, we should thereby demonstrate that we are unworthy of the blessing and fit only for the Second Death.


  (Ephesians 1:3-14)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love 5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, 8 which He lavished upon us.
In all wisdom and insight 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things upon the earth.
In Him 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:3-14)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will You Sell Your Birthright for Soup like Esau? Climate Change, Queue For Cheap Bread

  One morning in the second half of 2021 the Lord gave me a vision. It had to do with a famine in the land and the world was facing a serious hunger due to climate change. I saw a long queue of people waiting for their turn to get their hands on a loaf of bread being distributed by the authorities. Before you could receive this loaf of bread you had to agree to certain terms and conditions just so that you could eat. Failure to agree to the terms and conditions meant no bread. I was in the queue but I refused to comply with the terms and conditions because of my belief in Jesus Christ, which meant no bread for me. However, after walking away empty handed from that queue I was miraculously provided for. My bread and water were provided by the Lord because I had made the wise choice. All those who had agreed to the terms and conditions were surrendering their free will just so that they could survive. This reminded of the story of Esau, who sold his birth right just so that he could eat.

I Am a Soldier Of God

I am a soldier in the army of God. The Lord Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer. The Holy Bible is my code of conduct. Faith, Prayer, and the Word are my weapons of Warfare. I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity, and tested by fire. I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity. I will either retire in this Army or die in this Army; but, I will not get out, sell out, be talked out, or pushed out. I am faithful, reliable, capable, and dependable. If my God needs me, I am there. I am a soldier. I am not a baby. I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up.I am a soldier. No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me, or lure me.   I am a soldier. I am not a wimp. I am in place, saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name, and building His kingdom! No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy, or give me handouts. I do not

THE TRUE ESCAPE THAT JESUS PROMISED

THE TRUE ESCAPE THAT JESUS PROMISED Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7 This is The True Escape that JESUS promised to all who are "accounted worthy" (Lu:21:36), who "Watch and Are Ready" (Matt:24:44), Who "Bear Fruit To Completion" (Lu:8:15),who "Abide In His Love" (Jn:15),Who Follow Him in "Spirit and Truth" (Jn:10:27),who "Love One Another" (Jn:13:34). To those who "Keep His Word With Perseverance" (Rev:3:10) COSMIC ESCAPE   " But as the Days of Noah were,   so also will the coming of the   Son of Man be:   For as in the Days before the Flood   they were eating and drinking, marrying   and giving in marriage, until the DAY   that Noah entered-into the Ark;   "and they did know until the Flood   came and took them all away:   so also will the coming of the   Son of man be:   "Then, two men shall be in the f